SAMSUNG SPICA I5700 COMPLETE IMEI RESTORE HOW-TO
IMEI restoring free support is over. Since today this service is paid and costs $20 USD.
Payment is possible by PAYPAL only.
Procedure remains the same (described in first post). Remember to include you Paypal's account name in PM for payment confirmation.
For now I'm able to restore Samsung Galaxy I5700 & I5800/I5801. Galaxy I9000 is not supported yet
As a bonus, new nv_data.bin file will sim unlock your phone
REMEMBER! This thread is about SAMSUNG GALAXY SPICA I5700 ONLY and WILL NOT work for any other Galaxy series devices. At least for this moment.
DO NOT try to use attached files on non-Spica devices. This may, and probably will BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!
- READ FAQ
- Android 2.1 recommended
- Root access
- PC with working ADB tool
- Basic Linux knowledge
- SD Card installed
- USB Cable
- Correct bml10.img file (attached to this thread)
- Correct efs.img file (attached to this thread)
- Fixed nv_data.bin received from me.
Q: Can I have your e-mail?
A: NO! Use PM.
Q: Can you help me? My IMEI Nr is 1234567890.
A: No, untill I will get a PHOTO of your original IMEI
Q: @#%#@%#@^#@$% ?
A: To contact me use polish or english. I don't speak chinese, hindi etc....
Q: This is my nv file, help me.
A: I don't need your nv file. READ INSTRUCTION!
I'll not answer to the basic questions like: how-to root my phone, how to flash firmware, how-to install adb, etc. Ask somewhere else. This thread is not a place for this kind of questions, PM INCLUDED.
Step by step tutorial:
REMEMBER! DO NOT SHARE YOUR FIXED NV_DATA.BIN FILE! IT CONTAINS YOUR IMEI! IF SOMEONE ELSE WILL USE THIS FILE, YOUR NETWORK OPERATOR MAY BAN YOUR IMEI AS A DUPLICATE NUMBER!
- Send me a photo of your IMEI from the phone box, or phone itself (under battery). No, your broken nv_data.bin file is not required. Don't continue till you'll receive fixed nv_data.bin file.
To send me your IMEI, upload the photo to some image hosting service and PM me the link.
- Connect your phone to PC and execute command
Android shell command prompt should appear.Code:adb shell
- Withcommand check if your /efs partition is mounted. Output should look like this:Code:mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=600)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /sqlite_stmt_journals type tmpfs (rw,size=4096k)
/dev/stl6 on /system type rfs (ro,codepage=utf8,vfat,fcache(blks)=128,xattr,chec k=no)
/dev/stl5 on /data type rfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,codepage=utf8,vfat,fcache(blks)=1 28,xattr,check=no)
/dev/stl7 on /cache type rfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,codepage=utf8,vfat,fcache(blks)=1 28,xattr,check=no)
/dev/stl10 on /efs type rfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,codepage=utf8,vfat,fcache(blks)=1 28,xattr,check=no) <------- This is the line we are looking for
/dev/bml8 on /xbin type squashfs (ro)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /system/sd type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=continue,data=ordere d) <--------- Optional, only if you have apps2sd enabled
/dev/block//vold/179:1 on /sdcard type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid=1015, fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp 437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
- If bolded line is present, skip to point 11
- If bolded line is missing download attached files
- Unzip them to your SD-card (root directory), and copy fixed nv_data.bin as well.
- switch to adb shell and run command
Code:dd if=/sdcard/bml10.img of=/dev/bml10
- restart your phone
- login again to adb shell and run
Code:dd if=/sdcard/stl10.img of=/dev/stl10
- reboot your phone again and check if your /efs partition is mounted (it should be)
- run adb shell once again and copy fixed nv_data.bin file to /efs partitionCode:cp /sdcard/nv_data.bin /efs
- change permissions of nv file
Code:chmod 644 /efs/nv_data.bin
- wait 5-10 sec, disconnect your phone from pc, and pull out battery. DON'T SHUT DOWN ANDROID SYSTEM WITH "END CALL" BUTTON!
- start your phone again, wait for system tu boot up, and check your IMEI. It' should be fixed now
MANY THANKS TO emirer FOR HIS HELP AS A TESTER. I COULDN'T DO IT WITHOUT HIM.
IF YOU APPRECIATE MY WORK, FEEL FREE TO DONATE
[Discussion/Feedback etc] COMPLETE IMEI RESTORE HOW-TO