Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [Tutorial] How to UN-brick Spica

1. [translate]    #81

Default please help me ! how to enter download mode??

i own a Samsung galaxy Spica i5700..the problem is that it is not able to boot... its not switching on ..when i connect to the charger it starts charging and when i press the end button ( power on/power off) the charging symbol disappears .... and i m not able to go into recovery nor in download mode ..i just want to go into the download mode so that i can flash it again ...please let me know if i bricked my samsung galaxy spica ??? is it possible to unbrick it??

please help me .... thanks in advance

please give me the link to install adb ...i dont know about it..

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

i installed adb but i dont know how to use command ...whenever i type adb devices it says adb not recognized blah blah...

2. [translate]    #82

Quote Originally Posted by joelfun96 View Post
    So after seeing many threads that say "Don't blame me if I brick your Spica" , I decided maybe I should start an informative thread since i know nuts about coding and stuff like that. So here goes!

Oh by the way, those who are reading this post and haven't done either an ODIN backup or a PDA backup, you should do it now. Don't wait till its too late.

READ THIS FIRST
    Before actually saying that applying well-known stuff (CyanogenMod alpha) bricked please, please read this.

FLASHING IN ORDER
    FIRMWARE->ROOT (e.g. LK2.08 for original firmwares - Root (new Superuser), WiFi tether, bb [12.07.2010] )->DEODEXED KERNEL (e.g. http://forum.samdroid.net/f9/samdroi...i5700-en-1901/ )-> OTHER ADDONS (e.g. CyanogenMod-6.1.0-Spica-alpha6.2)

THOSE ASKING ABOUT MOUNT FUNCTION, PLEASE USE LK2.08 AND THE MOUNT OPTION IS RIGHT BELOW.

And this thread is just a general idea of un-bricking your Spica. Some issues can be solved with a simple patch. Check with respective devs for solutions before actually embark on your un-bricking journey.

BE FOREWARNED. DATA WILL BE LOST ON SOME OF THE PROCEDURES.

If still bricked, start the procedure below.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Types of "Spoilt"

1. No booting, no download mode (vol down+camera+turnon)

-You most probably flashed either a corrupted bootlogo/ a bootlogo too large of a file size. ( Tutorial : How to create custom bootlogo & bootanimation )

- Try going to recovery through this if you can't enter recovery mode: (Haven't tried it personally yet)
    Use adb program from android sdk. First you must connect the phone to the usb.
    run this command:
    adb device
    then
    adb shell
    after that, you have the shell. run 'su' command (without quote) the run 'reboot recovery'. The phone will restart and enter recovery mode.
    *thanks to jomir*

REPORTED NOT WORKING FOR THIS PROBLEM. WORKS FOR ANOTHER TYPE.. STILL TRY IF YOU WANT TO

-Send to samsung and pray hard that they give the warranty to you since the entire motherboard has to be changed.

2. Boot-able, Download mode can be accessed, Past boot splash, Boot loop on boot animation.

-Try clearing dalvik cache in recovery.

-Remove sd card *thanks to billamin*

-If it doesn't work, try clearing data-cache

-If it still doesn't work, flash new firmware.

(NOTE: This is one of the milder type of brick. Easily reversible.)

3. Boot-able, keep on booting to recovery.

(One of the more irritating bootloops)

-Check if all /system, /data and /sdcard are mounted (quite a bummer. almost took me a trip to samsung before finally solving this little problem)

-Try clearing dalvik cache

-If it doesn't work, clear data-cache

-Flash a new mod.

-Reflash a new firmware.

-If it still doesn't work, and you have done a pda backup for Odin in the past, try flashing that. (Weird but it worked for me once)

-restore /system backup (PDA/system) from recovery? (Please clarify. Haven't done that before.) (EDIT: Checked. Takes a very long time to restore. Give it around 12 hours.)

-Flash a 1.5 firmware and build up for 2.1. Further details click link. ( Boot loop )

-Send to Samsung.

4. Boot-able, unable to enter recovery mode.

- Try going to recovery through this if you can't enter recovery mode: (Haven't tried it personally yet)
    Use adb program from android sdk. First you must connect the phone to the usb.
    run this command:
    adb device
    then
    adb shell
    after that, you have the shell. run 'su' command (without quote) the run 'reboot recovery'. The phone will restart and enter recovery mode.
    *thanks to jomir*

Anymore brick situations and fixes, kindly comment and i will try editing this post ASAP to help more people out.

please help me .... !!!!!!!
    No booting, no download mode (vol down+camera+turnon)

this is my problem please please help me ...its not working only chargng icon shows on screen ...n when i try download mode/recovery mode it goes off ...thanks in advance

3. [translate]    #83

hi i have a problem with my spica

i can't enter recovery mode via button (volume down+call+end call) and can't boot normally too.

in tutorial at page 1 i read that i can go into recovery mode via adb but my spica can't boot normally so the adb program doesn't work.

so how can i get into recovery mode in my spica? its there any other way to get into recovery mode beside via buttor or adb?

thx for your attention and sorry for my bad english

4. [translate]    #84

HELP ME PLS....
    SPICA CAN NOT:
    ENTER RECOVERY
    DOWNLOAD MODE
    BE DISCOVERED BY THE COMPUTER
    IT CAN ONLY CHARGE.....
    HELP PLS....

5. [translate]    #85

Quote Originally Posted by masterkuray View Post
    HELP ME PLS....
    SPICA CAN NOT:
    ENTER RECOVERY
    DOWNLOAD MODE
    BE DISCOVERED BY THE COMPUTER
    IT CAN ONLY CHARGE.....
    HELP PLS....
    a little more info could be of use here, kabayan..please tell what you were doing at the time you "Bricked" it, which ROM are you on, and which mods / tweaks did you apply..help us help you..
    Samdroid Spica: Samsung Body, Google Blood, Samdroid Soul! | *boofman* Iloilo City, Philippines | Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 | CM7 by tom3q | Nuff Said!

6. [translate]    #86

Hi, Please can you point me in the right direction. I had used all the info on these forums to root and upgrade my spica to this mod. All has been going well for the last 18months. However, I have a new phone new, so thought i would clear my spica and do a fresh install...whoops! I messed around in the recovery menus and now i am stuck at the andriod loading screen. I can enter boot mode, but the methods on the de-brick pages don't seem to help.

Please can someone tell me what to do!

Thanks

p.s. please let me know if this is on the wrong forum!

7. [translate]    #87

Quote Originally Posted by samsung_saad View Post
    i own a Samsung galaxy Spica i5700..the problem is that it is not able to boot... its not switching on ..when i connect to the charger it starts charging and when i press the end button ( power on/power off) the charging symbol disappears .... and i m not able to go into recovery nor in download mode ..i just want to go into the download mode so that i can flash it again ...please let me know if i bricked my samsung galaxy spica ??? is it possible to unbrick it??

please help me .... thanks in advance

please give me the link to install adb ...i dont know about it..

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

i installed adb but i dont know how to use command ...whenever i type adb devices it says adb not recognized blah blah...
    i have the complete same issue as detailed there..
    anyhow to un-brick these ?

8. [translate]    #88

After flashing with odin when my phone switch on, it gets stuck on samdroid boot animation when the bar is filled. How do i fix it? I tried to remove sd card and clear data cache. I am going to try to flash with original kernel. My problem is, where do I get original kernel?

9. [translate]    #89

hey could someone help me i bricked my spica : no download mode no recovery no respond for any action , propably i crash bootloader when i change bootlogo-> too big image size, if someone could gave me some solution > step by step to unbrick my device

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information