Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By duratto

Thread: official firmware update

1. [translate]    #1

Default official firmware update

Hi peeps, my gf has a samsung gt-I9000 (I presume all samsung gt-I9000 are "S") and there are some apps she would like to download but are for android 2.2 and above and she has 2.1.
    Now she's not sure whether she wants to upgade her firmware but we might do that in the end. Anyway, I wonder, has samsung released an official firmware upgrade for this phone or do I need to get the unofficial one?
    thanks
    jkjuno likes this.

2. [translate]    #2
    Readonly

hi...........
    i want to know about this.

3. [translate]    #3
    Readonly

Default what is .net

if u know please tell me.

4. [translate]    #4

Quote Originally Posted by pooja88 View Post
    if u know please tell me.
    If you are trying to promote your "cab" service via your banner..As a Marketing major student i must tell you, that is has to be the worst way to promote your service. First your target audience (Indians, I presume) here hardly comprises of 8~12%..Out of which the state/city you state to operate is hardly 2-3%. Secondly no one will care to read about "cab" services in India here at least for the majority of the users that come here for the development of Spica and other phones and primarily stick to topic oriented discussions, technical in nature.

I hope you do well in your endevour and take the advice seriously as it would benefit you and save your time. And please stop spamming.

5. [translate]    #5

ahm shift_future6, sorry, I appreciate your intention to keep the forum clean, but shouldn't these comments be sent privately? I mean, I wouldn't want the whole thread to go off topic if that makes sense

6. [translate]    #6

Quote Originally Posted by duratto View Post
    ahm shift_future6, sorry, I appreciate your intention to keep the forum clean, but shouldn't these comments be sent privately? I mean, I wouldn't want the whole thread to go off topic if that makes sense
    To answer your question: Yes, Galaxy S has been officially updated all the way up to Gingerbread (2.3.6) and there are unofficial Ice Cream Sandwitch roms as well. I'm affraid Samdroid.net is not the best place to look for information on I9000, you should checkout XDA Developers Forums and especially the Official Roms Collection. Please read carefully and in case of any doubts ask in the forums - in worse case you could brick the phone while flashing (but that's unlikely).

7. [translate]    #7

thanks Crocodil , I will do as you suggested.

8. [translate]    #8

nice dear

Thread Information