Hungarian version: Spica I/O teljesítmény növelés | AllHubs
What could you expect from this mod?
- Faster boot
- Faster application start(If they are stored on the internal memory, e.g. Phone app)
- Faster loading of contacts/messages/everything stored on internal memory
- Higher quadrant score :P
Notices about XM kernels
- You can choose any filesystem for any device, as the kernels support mounting all of them.
- You can convert every filesystem to ext2. As the kernels are using my enhanced version of init, which has automatic e2fsck on every ext filesystem on every boot. (Without the need of extra init scripts, so it's faster and will work after ROM upgrade too.)
- You don't have to worry about anyhing before upgrade, the recovery won't let you continue, if you have insufficient requirements.
1. Flash a kernel with (my) Ultimate Spica Recovery.
3. Navigate to Advanced/Filesystem Conversion.
4. Choose the device you want to convert.
5. Choose the new filesystem, start the conversion.
6. Wait until it's working...
7. If you want to convert another filesystem continue from 4. again.
Deprecated packages for kernels without FS conversion:
data_ext4_update_v3.zip -DON'T USE THIS ON FROYO (or CM) Will migrate your /data partition to ext4. Works from rfs and ext2 too.
system_ext2_update_v2.zip -DON'T USE THIS ON FROYO (or CM) Will migrate your /system partition to ext2.
e2fsck.zip - If you are experiencing boot loops, FCs, etc, try to run this in recovery.
data_rfs_restore_v2.zip - Will restore your data partition to RFS.
system_rfs_restore_v2.zip - Will restore your system partition to RFS.
DataFS_RFS_PDA.tar - If you want to go back to RFS, and all the other backup didn't helped, flash this via Odin as PDA. This will erase your DATA partition, so make a TAR backup before, and restore after this flash. Don't use restore+format!
Also, here are the kernel free versions of updates:
These should be used for CM, if you are using this deprecated method!
If something goes wrong, you should try these solutions, one-by-one(So try the first, see if it has solved the issue, if not only then try the second...) starting with the first:
If one of points 3-5. helped you, then you can try to convert your filesystems again.
- Do a FS error check in recovery / Run e2fsck.zip in recovery (Deprecated method)
- In recovery Wipe data and cache(factory reset), then restore backups with Samdroid TAR restore+format
- In recovery/storage menu, format the converted filesystem to rfs, then restore backups with Samdroid TAR restore+format. / In recovery run system_rfs_restore.zip and data_rfs_restore.zip
- Restore Odin backup (If you had any)
- Reflash a stock firmware with Odin (e.g. JH6), root it with a LKmod and install samdroidmod.
- data EXT4 V2: Added some kind of error log(/sdcard/ext4_mod.log), added -m 0 option(To disable space reservation for root)
- Added DataFS_RFS_PDA.tar as a last way to get RFS back if you want.
- Replaced kernel in both system_ext2 and data_ext4 update to antibyte's new one with auto FS detection in recovery.
- A little bugfix in ext4 format options, as it might not have been worked for everyone. (mik_os reported it)
- Added "-m 0" option for system and cache formatting, to get rid of useless root reserved place.
- Added zip for freeing up the reserved space on already modded filesystem.
- Added kernel free data update.
- Rfs restoring changed from dump files (*.rfs) to reformatting+tar backup.
- Info about recommended method.
[Discussion/Feedback/Bug reports] I/O Performance boost - Migrate your Spica to EXT2