Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Complete fresh install: To ensure a good froyo installation

1. [translate]    #1

Default Complete fresh install: To ensure a good froyo installation

Since i don't know when i have noticed some slowness on calling and formating ext2 partitions, reading this post: system date/time problem i found a recomendation from sergejc to solve time & date problem, so i applyed to my phone and solved all issues i mentioned... So this is what i did:

1. Flash stock eclair I570EXXJH7 rom with odin + spica_jc3 and select Debug Only, Parameter Clear, PDA Format & Phone boot update.
    odin_conf.jpg

2. Flash "i5700_LK2-08_PDA.tar" with Odin + spica_jc3
    3. Apply in recovery mode LK2.10.beta3_update.zip
    4. Format converting your system, data, and cache partitions to ext2.
    5. Apply your favorite froyo rom with 2.6.29 kernel.
    6. Don't forget to do an efs file system backup!

Notes: Both roms i have uploaded above had the boot tar file, some roms don't have this files because they are just an update to fix other problems (usually One Package's ROM) as you enable Phone boot update on odin's options i suggest to flash a stock ROM with the file(s) you find in boot tar file.
    Last edited by mpjoe2000; 01-31-2012 at 02:54 AM. Reason: sources, typo
    Baseband: I5700UXJG9 Kernel: FrozenLake v3mt Android: 2.2.3 SGM beta v5.8 MinFree: 8,12,16,20,26,90 Ext. Storage: Kingstone 8Gb C4
    Tweaks+: all>ext2, Sam.app2sd, sd-ext=ext3-256MB, compcache=0, JIT=on, Lock contacts in mem=on (via build.prop), VM=32m, ApplicationsProvider.apk DELETED
    Mobile Prov: Movistar(1900Mhz 2g/3g) Most Used Apps(data): OS Monitor, Twitter, Waze, WhatsApp, Opera Mini, Dolphin Mini, QuickPic, IM+, gemini Calendar

2. [translate]    #2
    jam

Quote Originally Posted by mpjoe2000 View Post
    6. Don't forget to do an efs file system backup!
    How I do this?
    just copy the entire contents of the /efs folder?? Is that all?

3. [translate]    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    How I do this?
    just copy the entire contents of the /efs folder?? Is that all?
    the easy way is: after installing SGM rom, boot in recovery mode then you go: Backup and Restore -> TAR backup -> TAR Backup efs...

You will have in your SD Card an efs backup on /samdroid folder, make a copy of this file in a safe place!
    Baseband: I5700UXJG9 Kernel: FrozenLake v3mt Android: 2.2.3 SGM beta v5.8 MinFree: 8,12,16,20,26,90 Ext. Storage: Kingstone 8Gb C4
    Tweaks+: all>ext2, Sam.app2sd, sd-ext=ext3-256MB, compcache=0, JIT=on, Lock contacts in mem=on (via build.prop), VM=32m, ApplicationsProvider.apk DELETED
    Mobile Prov: Movistar(1900Mhz 2g/3g) Most Used Apps(data): OS Monitor, Twitter, Waze, WhatsApp, Opera Mini, Dolphin Mini, QuickPic, IM+, gemini Calendar

4. [translate]    #4

i am new to android and stuff.can u give me a screen shot of step 2 like u gave for step 1.
    i dnt want to brick my spica.

5. [translate]    #5

my baseband version is i570EDDJC5 ,i want to flash i570EXXJH7. my base band is for asia and JH7 is for US.is it fine if i flash JH7.

6. [translate]    #6

Quote Originally Posted by sandeep111 View Post
    my baseband version is i570EDDJC5 ,i want to flash i570EXXJH7. my base band is for asia and JH7 is for US.is it fine if i flash JH7.
    why you want to change baseband? what difference between jh7 and jc5?

7. [translate]    #7

8. [translate]    #8

I have the JC5 too. Is there a difference between JH7 and JC5? Does it matter if I'm in Asia I should stick to JC5?

9. [translate]    #9

Quote Originally Posted by shreelesh View Post
    I have the JC5 too. Is there a difference between JH7 and JC5? Does it matter if I'm in Asia I should stick to JC5?
    don't get confused between baseband codes and firmwares (ROM) codes, JH7 and JC5 are roms, but original rom I570EXXJH7 has I570EXXJD1 baseband. i'm using i5700UXJG9 baseband because i can not use 3g only in my phone with JD1 baseband, so i use the american baseband JG9 to fix the problem.

I don't know what's in JC5 asia firmware, but there must be differences like: the baseband, language support, apps installed on the rom, apns, etc, etc, etc.
    alberan and rds97 like this.

10. [translate]    #10

y it is necessary to backup efs file???i hv no idea...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information