Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [SCRIPT] A2SD Darktremor + A2SD GUI for spica with CWM recovery

1. [translate]    #1

Default [SCRIPT] A2SD Darktremor + A2SD GUI for spica with CWM recovery

SCRIPT A2SD Darktremor + A2SDGUI

hi guys..i just want to share my alternative app2sd for our spica, specifically for CM7 from tom3q (because i use it..but any roms with tom3q kernel with CWM recovery should do) ..i'ts called SCRIPT A2SD Darktremor + A2SD GUI..maybe many of you have heard about it...it's really great a2sd script and now we can have it in our spica, it's obviously better than link2sd...

First you must have it :
    1. A2SD Darktremor script, save to sdcard
    2. A2SDGui, free download with ads from playstore
    3. 2nd partition, it should be ext2/ext3/ext4 (i've tried ext2, but other should work because it's supported by tom3q kernel)
    4. CM7 from tom3q (or roms with tom3q kernel based and CWM recovery), it's better from a fresh installation (not obligatory) CMIIW

Installation
    1. enter CWM recovery
    2. choose mount & storage then mount system and mount data, back to first page of recovery
    3. choose install zip from sdcard, apply dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-signed.zip
    4. clear cache
    5. reboot to system (wait until it finished) then a2sd should be working by now, but i recomend to do the next step
    6. install A2SD GUI, open app, then choose what you want CMIIW

recomended setting in my opinion
    1. let dalvik cache in internal memory..
    2. use moderate low memory setting and set home at memory in CM settings
    3. swap on off, choose what you want, with this you can apply swap without reapply after a reboot (wich is a bug for CM7 for me with standard swap script) and set swappiness

Source: [Script][A2SD]Darktremor 2.7.5.3 Beta 04
    ================================================== ============
    this is A2SD Darktremor command list (if you use terminal emulator)

source http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-a...-commands.html
    Last edited by ivaneris; 08-27-2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: add terminal commands :)
    judas77 and rds97 like this.
    Samsung Galaxy Spica Black Red @Microsd 8gb class 10

CyanogenMod 7.2 NIGHTLY Spica alpha 7.7 by tom3q + A2SD Darktremor with A2SDGUI

2. [translate]    #2

I honestly don't see why any A2SD script is needed when there's a perfectly good 'Move to SD card' option within Android itself...

Feel free to enlighten me if I'm missing anything?

3. [translate]    #3

well..IMHO it useable if we want to try a lot of app...it's just an alternative sir

4. [translate]    #4

I'm not saying that i will use it but... it has some advantages over native app2sd. in the latter one you cannot move any (every) app and apps installed on sd card that way have problems with widgets... using ext2 (at least on eclair/froyo roms) to move apps let system think, that apps are still on internal memory and widgets work good...
    besides of it that script above is good to govern swap. it's very similiar to qbanin's all2sd from eclair/froyo, which i liked very much. Of course - many of you can say that swap is useless (or more - "dangerous"), but it's good to have choice.
    MOD: CyanogenMod 7.x for Spica build 7.4
    KERNEL: ahb166sync kernel multitasking experimental
    THEME: Ice Cream Sandwich - CM7 theme by ACHEP
    LAUNCHER: Launcher7 Donate
    UPTIME: personal best - 468h

5. [translate]    #5

Quote Originally Posted by judas77 View Post
    I'm not saying that i will use it but... it has some advantages over native app2sd. in the latter one you cannot move any (every) app and apps installed on sd card that way have problems with widgets... using ext2 (at least on eclair/froyo roms) to move apps let system think, that apps are still on internal memory and widgets work good... besides of it that script above is good to govern swap. it's very similiar to qbanin's all2sd from eclair/froyo, which i liked very much. Of course - many of you can say that swap is useless (or more - "dangerous"), but it's good to have choice.
    @judas : yups..you're right,,,it's similar to samdroid tools in froyo/eclair roms but it maintain performance wich couldn't be done by samdroid tools.....generally a2sd/app2sd is faster than native app2sd...you can see it in after a boot...app wich using native app2sd is load later a bit long for swap..yes it actually can dangered your sdcard...because it can shorten sdcard life time...so generally DWYOR do what you need and don't do what you don't understand if it's me..because i like to trying many of app...i need it...it's just as simple as that

6. [translate]    #6

Works great, but please add that you need to clear cache after step 3. I didn't do it at first and after reboot all hell broke loose.
    These low heels are killing me! - Maxwell Q. Klinger

7. [translate]    #7

Quote Originally Posted by OBELIKS View Post
    Works great, but please add that you need to clear cache after step 3. I didn't do it at first and after reboot all hell broke loose.
    i didn't do clear cache, but i think i can add it to for safety..thanx

8. [translate]    #8

hi I got a problem with this ... after i do all the steps I install a2sdgui its runs ok but when I choose swap button or app in sd button charge 5 second after this reboots my spica sorry for my english thanks

9. [translate]    #9

do you have swap partition?which rom you use?
    when you click apps on sd it will make apps on internal,,vice versa...well..if you hit apps on sd,when you internal have no sufficient space, not all apps will moved...and in my experience it reboot twice,,(the 2nd it automatically reboot after you got home first reboot)

10. [translate]    #10

hi ivaneris i got your rom 7.5 with ahb its nice but i cant do works this and the live wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information